“Between the departments of Boyacá, Arauca and Casanare lie 30 kilometers of mountain ranges which include 18 peaks with permanent snow. This National Park is the emblem of high mountain sports in Colombia, where its visitors can enjoy trekking, climbing and alpinism always surrounded by exuberant landscapes and insuperable colors.”[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Travel itinerary” tab_id=”1455829269567-bb8f4b3f-16a7″][vc_column_text]
1st day : Cocuy or Guicán – Sisuma
Reception in the village of Cocuy or Guicán and walk around the architecturally and culturally interesting sites of the village. There, the entrance formalities to the National Natural Parks entity are carried out followed by a talk on the natural area to be visited. From there, trip by all-terrain vehicle or minibus to the entrance of the Lagunillas area where the two hour acclimatization walk up to Laguna Pintada carrying our equipment begins. Accomodation in the Sisuma cabin, lunch, and in the afternoon the possibility of another walk around the sector of Lagunillas (4,200 meters above sea level).
Return, dinner, and overnight stay
2nd day: Laguna Grande de la Sierra
Breakfast in the cabins and a walk of approximately 4 hours towards the Púlpito del Diablo and the snow mountain Pan de Azúcar (5.130 meters above sea level). Approach to the snow limit to observe the greatness of the landscape to then start a descent of approximately 5 hours to the Laguna de la Sierra (4.300 meters above sea level), where the camp will be installed in an area known as Playa Blanca. Lunch will be taken during the walk.
Camp dinner and overnight stay at the campsite.
3rd day: Laguna Grande de la Sierra – Pico Toti or Cóncavo
Campsite breakfast and an early morning walk to undertake an attempt at climbing the snow mountain Toti (5.000 meters above sea level). If the climate conditions are favorable and safe, the group will climb up to the peak of the snow mountain observing at the same time a grandiose sight of the Laguna de la Plaza (an area momentarily closed because of an ecological restoration).
Return to the camp for dinner and overnight stay
4th day: Laguna Grande de la Sierra – Cocuy or Guicán
Campsite breakfast and a morning walk to the Hacienda de la Esperanza (approximately 5 hours). From this point, transportation by all-terrain vehicle or minibus to the village of Cocuy or Guicán, where you can spend the night or take a night bus to a next destination.
End of the services–[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”The plan includes” tab_id=”1455829006725-8609400f-2ae9″][vc_column_text]The plan includes:
- Entrance fee to the National Natural Park El Cocuy (foreigners pay an additional fee of $25.000)
- Transportation by all-terrain vehicle or minibus as described
- Local guide specialized in high mountains for four days
- Camping equipment (tent, sleeping mat and sleeping bag)
- Equipment for climbing in the snow (crampons ice axe, helmet, harness, rope etc.)
- Two campsite breakfasts and one in Sisuma (simple breakfast which can include eggs, sliced bread and a warm beverage)
- On lunch in the cabins and two walk lunches (cold lunch, type box lunch)
- On dinner in the cabin and two camp dinners (simple dinner which can include pasta or ravioli and a warm beverage)
- The Activities described in the program
- Travel insurances
- Transportation to El Cocuy or Guicán
- Transportation of personal elements during the walk (camping or snow walking equipment)
- Expenses not specified not detailed in the program
- Personal expenses.
Payment: In case you decide to travel with us, please pay 50% of the total reservation amount upon confirmation and the remaining 50% at least one week before the trip to the Davivienda savings account no. 480900001714
To cancel the trip, please do so at least one week in advance in order to guarantee a repayment of 85% of the reservation amount minus the penalties applied by the suppliers for services not used.